We are undertaking an exploration of a topic that tends to get glossed over in our field… failure. We’re gathering a range of opinions and experiences from inside and outside the field on failure to share widely this March on Field Notes in order to create an archive of experiences and a dialogue on the many forms of failure.
We’re accepting submissions from anyone interested in participating in this conversation. We simply ask that you give some thought to the questions below, chose one and write a 300- to 500-word response:
- How do you define failure?
- What role do expectations play in having failed?
- Do you feel supported to fail in your job? Why or why not?
- Tell us about the ways you motivate yourself after you’ve failed. What gets you centered and back up again?
- How have your thoughts about failure changed throughout your career?
Submissions will be accepted through February 24, 2015 and finalists will be featured on our ArtsJournal blog, Field Notes throughout March.
Please send submissions to Taylor Craig, email@example.com. Selected submissions may be edited for length and clarity. Feel free to contact Taylor with any questions you have regarding this call.