Are you interested in joining the NAS team? We are a highly collaborative organization, looking for a Program Manager: a highly organized problem-solver who will support our full range of logistics and project management activities with room for growth. This position works closely with our educational programs in both online and in-person settings. This position reports to the Vice President of Learning and Engagement. The Program Manager is an integral part of our overall program delivery and mission achievement.
NAS’ mission is to build and support a diverse community of arts and culture leaders who drive inspiring change for the future. To make our mission and vision a reality, we offer professional development opportunities, coaching, and a powerful network to arts and culture leaders at every stage of their careers. Established in 1983, NAS has trained and supported more arts and culture leaders than any other organization in the field.
This position is phenomenal for someone who:
- Thrives on tracking and organizing all the moving pieces of a project to keep a team on time and on target
- Loves to create and implement new systems for managing information, especially using platforms like Salesforce and Wrike
- Loves to interact with people and communicates effectively with everyone from our amazing arts leader community to our faculty presenters
- Can manage and delegate up, down, and sideways
- Manage projects – Coordinate planning timelines and organize meetings with staff team and external partners
- Manage a portfolio of 4-5 programs simultaneously
- Manage the organization’s CRM system, including payment processing, data collection, and grants management
- Delegate and guide program assistant in their work to:
- Organize online applications for NAS programs and other events
- Serve as the front line of communication with program participants, informing them of key program updates and answering questions
- Research and book venue, catering and A/V for events
- Draft and send emails with logistical information to all program participants
- Review contracts and payment timelines with finance & executive assistant
- Contribute to the development, design, and production of learning materials (e.g. slides, notebooks, handouts, nametags)
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and/or Experience
This position requires, at a minimum, the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- 1-2 years of direct experience in project coordination and event management
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Project management skills – organized, consistent and on time
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Experience with or knowledge about the arts and culture sector preferred
- Experience with or interest in online and in-person learning
- Demonstrated ability to work in small, fast-paced teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience managing a team
- Adaptive, curious, highly organized, and possessing a good sense of humor. A collaborative team-player is a must – it’s how we work every day.
Organizational Culture and Benefits
Each staff member is expected to be a standout colleague, self-motivated, and committed to an atmosphere of respectful, honest, and open communication. The work environment is one of high energy, high activity, mutual support, and humor. NAS provides opportunities for learning and professional development, and a gratifying work experience.
This is a full-time position. We greatly value employees and support their need for flexibility. We are currently experimenting with a 4-day work week, majority remote work, and flexible daily work schedules.
The starting salary for this position is $60,000 per year, plus the benefits we currently offer, which include fully covered health insurance, retirement benefits, sick/vacation leave, ongoing professional development, and flexible work hours.
NAS has returned to a combination of remote work and work from our office, located in a Metro-accessible location in Alexandria, Virginia. Currently, the NAS Team convenes at our office 4 days per month, which is subject to change. Travel to NAS events (post-COVID) is required 3-4 times per year (with expense reimbursement).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, or health/disability status.
Please send in a single PDF labeled with your first and last name to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A brief statement telling us more about you, a proud moment you’ve had recently and two questions you have for us
- A one-page resume listing relevant skills and experience
- Contact information for three references (phone numbers and email addresses) who know you and your work. References will not be contacted without your prior consent.
Attention to detail matters in the position and only complete applications will be reviewed. NAS will confirm receipt of your complete application. No phone calls, please. Only final candidates will be contacted for an interview. The deadline to apply is May 23, 2022, 11:59 PM EDT.