The Finance and Executive Assistant is an integral part of the National Arts Strategies, a small, highly collaborative organization. This position provides administrative, program and financial support. This position works with and reports to the President/CEO and the Financial Controller (see below for further distinction).
Office of the President (under the direction of the President/CEO)
- Assistant to the President/CEO. Principal duties include meeting coordination, travel arrangements, and expense tracking
- Presentation support – research and formatting
- Compile expense reports for President/CEO
- Other duties, as assigned
- Work with Financial Controller to support accounting functions and prepare correspondence as directed
- Maintain accounting files and paperwork
- Accounts payable/recievable function
- Process invoices for payment
- Mail checks and request refunds for postage when necessary
- Go to banks to deposit checks
- Process journals, deposits etc. and prepare all assigned schedules and bank reconciliation for operating and investment accounts
- Maintain records of maintenance and purchase agreements for hardware, software
Operations (under the direction of the President)
- Call and meeting coordination/scheduling for programs and for business development
- Maintain office equipment: first level trouble-shooting and contact for maintenance including copier, telephone, printers and fax machine, and seminar AV box technologies
- Track fixed assets including furniture, appliances, computers, and other technology
- Open, date stamp and distribute mail and periodicals
- Order and maintain office supplies and stationery
- Primary contact for building management
- First point of contact for visitors and others: answer door, answer phones and provide basic information or refer caller to appropriate staff member or his/her voicemail
- Other duties, as assigned
This position requires, at a minimum, the following qualifications and personal qualities.
- Strong organizational ability and good attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications
- Proficiency in Salesforce or similar CRM applications
- Proficiency with accounting software (Peachtree/Sage preferred)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with vendors in a professional manner
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot technical equipment
- Bachelors degree (preferred)
- 2 years related work experience
- Familiarity with the non-profit arts industry (as staff, volunteer, and/or consumer)
Organizational Culture and Benefits
Each staff member is expected to be a standout colleague, self-motivated, and committed to an atmosphere of respectful, honest, and open communication. The work environment is one of high energy, high activity, and mutual support. NAS provides opportunities for learning and professional development, and a gratifying work experience.
This is a full-time position. The general schedule for this position is Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm with an hour for lunch. An alternate schedule may be possible and should be discussed with the supervisor.
Salary is $38,000 plus benefits we currently offer include health insurance and retirement benefits, sick/vacation leave, and ongoing professional development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or health/disability status.
To apply: Please send in a single PDF labeled with your first and last name to email@example.com:
- A cover letter explaining why you’re interested in the job and working with our team
- A one-page resume listing relevant skills and experience
- A list of three references, complete with phone number and email address. References will not be contacted without your prior consent
Only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls, please. Only final candidates will be contacted.