Are you interested in joining the NAS team? NAS is looking for a Program Assistant to support our event planning and participant communication efforts. Our super hero for designing dynamic environments where people learn and connect, you will help us to plan and coordinate a variety of educational events that support the arts and culture sector. In 2019, you will chip in to plan events for a variety of programs serving entrepreneurs, chief executives and our diverse and international group of alumni.
We are a small, highly collaborative organization. This position reports to the Director. The Program Assistant is an integral part of our team, working across initiatives towards successful program delivery and mission achievement.
This position is phenomenal for some who:
- Loves to plan events and pays attention to the nitty gritty to ensure attendees are well cared for
- Communicates effectively when writing to and speaking with partners and clients
- Has an eye for design and is passionate about making sure materials and communications are on-brand
- Enjoys organizing information and logistics so that plans can be easily shared with other team members
Project Management Support
- Work with program directors to craft program timelines; track deadlines and expenditures
- Bring external and internal teammates together for program related meetings
- Maintain Salesforce CRM for program needs (track attendance, meal preferences, special requirements, changes in titles, etc.)
Event Planning and Coordination
- Plan event logistics by researching, contracting and coordinating with program venues, catering vendors, A/V suppliers and transportation providers
- Track vendor payment timelines with the Administrative and Accounting Assistant
- Work with Engagement Manager to produce and distribute event materials (slides, handouts, welcome packets, schedules, signage, welcome bags, custom notebooks, etc.), using design skills to ensure a compelling, on-brand look
- Schedule recruitment and program related phone calls with applicants and participants
- Draft and send emails with logistical information and program updates to participants
- Correspond with participants regarding logistical questions
This position requires, at a minimum, the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years experience managing projects
- Familiarity with the non-profit arts industry (as staff, volunteer, and/or consumer)
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Good project management skills working with cross-functional teams and outside service providers
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to interpret and articulate client needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
Each staff member is expected to be a standout colleague, self-motivated, and committed to an atmosphere of respectful, honest, and open communication. The work environment is one of high energy, high activity, and mutual support. NAS provides opportunities for learning and professional development, and a gratifying work experience.
The starting salary for this position is $31,000 per year. Benefits include health insurance and retirement benefits, sick/vacation leave, ongoing professional development, and flexible work hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or health/disability status.
To apply: Please send in a single PDF labeled with your first and last name to email@example.com:
- A cover letter explaining why you’re interested in the job and working with our team
- A one-page resume listing relevant skills and experience
- A list of three references, complete with phone number and email address. References will not be contacted without your prior consent
Only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls, please. Only final candidates will be contacted. Deadline to apply: February 1, 2019.