NAS is looking for an Engagement Manager, our go-to teammate for ensuring that we are consistently creating value for and learning from our diverse community of leaders. You, the applicant, understand how communications – from tweets to newsletters to meetups – are used to broaden reach and build relationships.
We are a small, highly collaborative organization. The Engagement Manager is an integral part of our team, helping to support our alumni, manage our social media and marketing strategies and lead organization-wide evaluation initiatives. This position reports to the Director.
This position is phenomenal for someone who:
- Is a storyteller by nature
- Writes potently and powerfully
- Asks great questions and listens deeply in order to gather information
- Loves using social media and technology in innovative ways
- Sees themselves as empathetic and a great connector
Alumni relations activities
- Collaborate with senior team to set overall alumni engagement strategy, ensuring that alumni remain active contributors to the community rather than a passive member
- Map participant journeys over time and collaborate with senior team to develop strategy for engagement
- Develop meaningful metrics and evaluation procedures for tracking changes in alumni over time
- Design and build collateral that shares alumni stories of change with external audiences
Marketing and engagement activities
- Plan, write and implement marketing campaigns for programs and services
- Contribute to our blog, Field Notes, as coordinator and one of its authors
- Support the development of online content (video, publications, tools) through research, writing and scheduling
- Develop and produce customer stories to help promote NAS programs and services
- Maintain the NAS website (drafting copy, updating pages, insuring all content is up-to-date)
- Lead NAS social media strategy. Oversee and approve content calendars created by the Program Assistant. Manage day-to-day social media interactions.
- Collect evaluation data for all engagement activities
- Coordinate in-person events as needed in support of marketing and research activities
Evaluation management activities
- Work with NAS team to design evaluation plans for each program
- Manage implementation of all evaluation activities
- Lead organization-wide integration of evaluation work into planning
- Maintain and distribute evaluation data both internally (to inform planning) and externally (for sharing with partners, funders and publicly on website)
This position requires, at a minimum, the following qualifications and personal qualities:
- 2-3 years experience in marketing
- Track record of being detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining relationships with constituents
- Proficiency in Salesforce and similar CRM applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience in evaluation (methodologies and practice) a plus
ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
Each staff member is expected to be a standout colleague, self-motivated, and committed to an atmosphere of respectful, honest, and open communication. The work environment is one of high energy, high activity, and mutual support. NAS provides opportunities for learning and professional development, and a gratifying work experience.
The starting salary for this position is $40,000 per year. Benefits include health insurance and retirement benefits, sick/vacation leave, ongoing professional development, and flexible work hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or health/disability status.
To apply: Please send in a single PDF labeled with your first and last name to email@example.com:
- A cover letter explaining why you’re interested in the job and working with our team
- A one-page resume listing relevant skills and experience
- A list of three references, complete with phone number and email address. References will not be contacted without your prior consent
Only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls, please. Only final candidates will be contacted. Deadline to apply: March 2, 2018.